Have you recently become engaged? Congratulations!
Getting married is an exciting time for anyone. But it also involves a lot of planning. And a lot of decision making.
One of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is where to get married. And you’re probably not the type of person to go with drab and boring locations. No, you want a unique and memorable wedding, which means you need a unique and memorable wedding venue.
Rather than leaving an already too busy bride (or groom!) to figure out where the unique wedding venues are located, I’ve done the work for you. These are my 6 favorite spots in Dallas.
Why Unique Wedding Venues Are Worth It
Sure, you could choose the rotary club to get married at. They probably have plenty of space and it will most likely easily fit into your budget.
But here’s why looking at unique wedding venues might be worth it:
- It’s Memorable
- It’s an Experience
- Offers breathtaking photos
1. The Filter Building on White Rock Lake
Built in the 1920s as an industrial building, it’s been converted and is now a historic venue. And a great spot for taking photos. Here’s why:
- Waterfront ceremonies on a grassy shore
- Lush, natural landscape surrounding you
Security is provided by a Dallas police officer here.
2. Dallas Cowboys Stadium
If your guests walk away from this venue bored or unimpressed, something is wrong with them. Even if they aren’t football fans. Here’s why Dallas Cowboys Stadium is one of my favorite unique wedding venues:
- Can cater any size wedding
- Offers 2 luxury clubs that are perfectly suited for a romantic ceremony and then a lavish reception.
The retractable roof means your wedding won’t get rained out, either.
The Arboretum is considered one of the most romantic and beautiful places in all of Dallas.
Here’s what you can expect if you get married here:
- 15,000 square feet of indoor event space
- 12 garden venues
- Breathtaking views of White Rock Lake, the Dallas skyline, and of course, the gardens themselves
Enjoy free parking and admission for you and your guests. You’ll even have the option to work with an event manager to help you plan your big day.
4. Union Station
Union Station is a staple of Dallas architecture.
Here’s why you should think about getting married here:
- Built in the acclaimed Beaux-Arts Classicism style
- Features a variety of space that can hold as few as 10 or as many as 850 guests
It’s also connected to the Hyatt Regency Dallas so your out of town guests won’t have to travel far.
5. The Room on Main
The Room on Main is located at the Dallas Arts Center on the 6th floor.
Here are my favorite features:
- 30-foot ceilings with antique chandeliers
- Luxurious details such as Chiavari chairs, matchstick marble, and champagne colored drapes
- 15-foot windows that wrap around three sides of the room offering amazing cityscape views
The venue is catered in-house and the neutral color scheme and multiple room configurations allow you to personalize the space.
6. Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Perot Museum is gorgeous and distinctive, you can’t go wrong with this unique setting.
- Capable of housing over 400 guests
- 11 permanent exhibition halls, state-of-the-art gallery, and a 297-seat theater
Any museum lover will be excited to attend this wedding.
No matter where you choose to get married, make sure you love the space and it’s somewhere you love. Because you’re definitely going to want to hire a photographer to take gorgeous photos of your special day.
While the memories might fade with time, the photography never will.